Queer As Folk is an American drama television series created for Peacock. It is a re-imagining of the 1999 Channel 4 series created by Russell T Davies, which was previously adapted in the US from 2000 to 2005 by Showtime. The series was released on June 9, 2022.
Set in New Orleans, the series follows a diverse group of friends who find their lives transformed in the aftermath of shooting at a queer nightclub called the Babylon. The group struggles with vulnerability, addiction, grief, and relationships.
- Devin Way as Brodie Beaumont
- Fin Argus as Mingus
- Jesse James Keitel as Ruthie O'Neil
- Ryan O'Connell as Julian Beaumont
- Johnny Sibilly as Noah Hernandez
- CG as Shar
- Kim Cattrall as Brenda Beaumont
- Juliette Lewis as Judy
- Ed Begley Jr. as Winston Beaumont
- Armand Fields as Bussey Horewood
- Chris Renfro as Daddius Miller
- Eric Graise as Marvin
- Sachin Bhatt as Ali
- Nyle DiMarco as Leo
- Benito Skinner as Jack Cole Jordan
In December 2018, it was announced that Bravo had put into development a reboot of Queer as Folk with Stephen Dunn set to write and direct, with Russell T Davies set to executive produce. In August 2019, it was announced the series was now in development at Peacock. In April 2021, Peacock ordered the series. Dunn has indicated that this incarnation of the series was inspired directly by Davies' original series as a "jumping off point", stating that he did not take the Showtime adaptation into consideration.
In August 2021, Jesse James Keitel joined the cast in a series regular role. In September 2021, Candace Grace, Johnny Sibilly, Devin Way, Fin Argus, and Ryan O'Connell joined the cast in series regular roles. In November 2021, Kim Cattrall joined the cast in a recurring capacity. In December 2021, Juliette Lewis, Ed Begley Jr., Armand Fields, Chris Renfro, Eric Graise, Sachin Bhatt and Benito Skinner joined the cast in recurring capacity. In March 2022, it was announced that Lukas Gage, Megan Stalter, Olli Haaskivi and Calvin Seabrooks had joined the cast in guest capacity too.
Principal photography began by October 2021, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
In Australia the series premiered on Stan on June 10, 2022. The series will air in Canada on Showcase beginning on June 26, 2022, as part of owner Corus Entertainment's output deal with NBCUniversal for Peacock original programming. The series was picked up by Starzplay for distribution in the UK, several continental European countries, and Latin America. In the UK it is set to premiere on July 1, 2022 and in other territories on July 31, 2022.
|Season||Episodes||First Aired||Premiere Episode||Finale Episode||Last Aired|
|Season 1||8||June 9, 2022||Babylon||Sacrilege||June 9, 2022|
- Here's your first look at Peacock's Queer as Folk reboot - EW
- ‘Queer as Folk’ Reboot in Development at Bravo - Variety
- NBCU Streamer Orders ‘One Of Us Is Lying’ YA Mystery Drama Pilot Based On Book - Deadline
- ‘Queer As Folk’ Reboot Picked Up To Series At Peacock - Deadline
- How the Pulse Shooting Inspired Peacock’s ‘Queer as Folk’ Reimagining - Hollywood Reporter
- ‘Queer As Folk’: Jesse James Keitel Joins Peacock Reboot As Series Regular - Deadline
- ‘Queer As Folk’: Peacock Reimagination Adds Candace Grace, Johnny Sibilly, Devin Way, & Fin Argus - Deadline
- ‘Queer As Folk’: Ryan O’Connell Joins Cast Of Peacock Reimagination - Deadline
- Kim Cattrall Joins Peacock’s ‘Queer As Folk’ In Recurring Role - Deadline
- Juliette Lewis, Ed Begley Jr. Board ‘Queer as Folk’ Reboot at Peacock - Hollywood Reporter
- ‘White Lotus’ Alum Lukas Gage Among 4 New Guest Stars to Join ‘Queer as Folk’ Remake at Peacock - The Wrap
- Here's the First Pic of the New Queer As Folk Cast Together - Out
- 'QUEER AS FOLK’ REBOOT TO PREMIERE ON JUNE 10 - Star Observer
- Corus Networks Reign as the Home for Marquee Peacock Originals in English Canada Welcoming New Standout Scripted Series Dr. Death - Corusent
- Starzplay Picks Up ‘Queer as Folk’ Reboot For U.K., Europe, Latin America - Variety